Friday, April 29, 2011

NaNoWriMo

I know it's still 6 months away, but I figure blogging here on occasion and writing daily at 750words will hopefully train me for NaNoWriMo.

For those of you who don't feel like clicking on the link, you lazy individuals, it is a month long contest in which participants attempt to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. You may be wondering how many words one must write a day to keep a pace that will help them finish in time. The answer is 1,666.67. I know that seems like a lot, but I bust out the 750 daily in an average time of 12 minutes, so doubling that will be equal to about half an hour. In theory, that should be easy. I don't have any novel ideas in mind at the moment, but I've got half a year to brainstorm. 

I was wanting to run a marathon this year but Boyfriend told me that those are things people train many, many months for, sometimes even a year. And I'm still new to this whole running thing. So in an effort to accomplish a significant feat in 2011, since a marathon is not in my feasible realm of accomplishments, I have signed up for NaNoWriMo and will be putting my literary skills to the test this November. 

Besides, mental exercises require far less physical output to master than physical feats :P

No comments:

Post a Comment